- ECG's: Electrical tracing of the heart to assist diagnosis of heart conditions.
- 24 hour Blood Pressure monitoring: The practice provides portable medical equipment which will monitor blood pressures at regular intervals over 24 hours. This is now accepted as the gold standard of high blood pressure (hypertension) diagnosis and treatment.
- Heartwatch Clinic: The Heartwatch Clinic is run by our Practice Nurse specialist and monitors patients who have already been diagnosed with heart disease.
The clinics are run on a three monthly basis and are free to GMS patients.
- Well Woman Health Check: The service provides full Women’s Health checks.
- Contraception: Full range of contraceptive options.
- Smear testing: Patients have a choice of attending the Practice Nurses or Female GP for their smear tests. There is now a free service under the auspices of the National Cancer Control Programme. It is recommended to have a smear test every 3 years from age 25 to 44 and every 5 years from 44 to 60. After this age smears are of limited value but may be recommended in special circumstances.
- Combined Ante-Natal / Post-Natal / Newborn Care: The practice is a member of the Mother and Child scheme which provides free ante-natal checks to expecting mothers, 2 week baby check and 6 weeks checks for mother and baby. These are carried out between the Practice Nurse and the Doctor. It is the usual practice to delay the 6 week check to coincide with the 2 month Infant Vaccination for the convenience of all.
Men’s Health / Wellman Health Check
- The Doctors are experienced in diagnosing and dealing with a wide range of Men's Health issues including erectile dysfunction, benign prostate disease and prostate cancer - not to mention all other diseases more prevalent in men (high blood pressure, heart disease etc.). This includes physical examination and specific blood tests relating to this area.
- Wellman Health check involves screening asymptomatic men for all risk factors leading to premature illness. Unfortunately prostate cancer and high cholesterol, for example, are largely asymptomatic.
- Nebulisers: Inhaled treatment for acute asthma and croup.
- Spirometry: Full lung function testing.
- Cryotherapy: Cryotherapy involves removal of skin lesions including warts,skin tags and verrucas etc., by freezing with liquid nitrogen. This is the least scarring way of removing appropriate skin lesions but please note NOT all lesions are ameniable to this form of treatment.
- Diathermy: Diathermy involves removal of skin lesions using heat.
- Cautery: This is very useful in the treatment of nosebleeding / recurrent nosebleeds and involves the application of a chemical cauterising compound to the area of the nose involved.
- Minor Surgery: In certain skin conditions
excision (cutting out) is the only appropriate treatment. The
doctor will advise concerning this.
- Injecting painful joints such as tennis elbow for relief of symptoms.
- Screening provided for conditions such as high cholesterol, diabetes and haemochromatosis (among others) in both men and women.
- The Practice Nurse / Doctor provide the full standard infant vaccination programme. Further details from Practice Nurse.
- Travel vaccinations available (held on site) include Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Typhoid, Rabies, Tetanus, Diphtheria and Polio.
- More importantly - we also advise patients concerning Malaria prophylaxis - both drug treatment and avoidance.
- The Diabetes Watch Clinic is run by our Practice Nurse and monitors patients who have been diagnosed with diabetes.
- Vitamin B12
- Hay fever
- Prostate Cancer
- We provide basic eye testing for driving licence and other purposes.
Additional Nursing Services
- Suture Removal
- Surgical Dressings
- Our Practice provides comprehensive medical services for corporate clients. Services include pre employment medicals, regular staff health checks, employee vaccinations, health and safety surveys and company doctor status for corporate bodies.